Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Christmas Time in the City!

Wow. Okay, so I still don't know a whole lot about this Christmas thing, but from what I've seen and been told so far, I think I'm gonna like it. Mommy says this is actually my second Christmas, but I don't remember the last one, so it's all new to me.

First, Mommy put up our Christmas tree. It's covered in lights and beads and all these really neat colored balls and other "ornaments." I, of course, immediately wanted to pull them off and inspect them closer, but Mommy wasn't having any of that. She told me the tree is "just for looking at, don't touch!" I still try to sneak things off the tree when I think she's not looking.

Then, Mommy and Daddy put up more lights all over the inside and the outside of the house. It looks so pretty. I've seen other houses with pretty lights on them, too. I think this is how people get Santa to notice their house so he is sure to come bring them presents on Christmas Eve.

Oooh, oooh! That brings me to my next point! I actually got to meet Santa last weekend!! And some elves and some reindeer, too! Check out the pics...

I pet a reindeer. He didn't move at all, just stood there and let me pet him and pull on his antlers:





Then, we found a little elf. He wasn't much taller than me and I think we kind of look alike, what with my rosy cheeks and snazzy green jacket:



Then, it was on to the big guy. They had to take 2 pictures, since I put my hand up in my face for the first one. I was losing my patience by the time they took the second pic though:





Mommy and me also made some Christmas cookies yesterday for Daddy's office, but we didn't get any pictures of that. But, Mommy let me play with some of the cookie dough (which I promptly ate) and then let me taste some of the cookies when they were done! Yum!

Mommy says Christmas is still 10 days away, but I can't wait to see what Santa brings me!!

Happy Holidays!
Jax

1 comment:

Nana said...

Jax....it was so much fun to go see Santa with you and all the other fun things we saw on Sunday! Love, Nana