Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Day in the Life

Yesterday was a busy day. I spent most of the morning playing in the living room while Mommy and Daddy put all our stuff in big brown boxes. The boxes are fun to climb on! I think they are doing this to make things more fun for me. Either that, or they are tired of me pulling all of those movie things off the shelves.

After a yummy breakfast of blueberry waffles, I was feeling pretty sleepy, so Mommy took me in my room and rocked me in the big chair until I fell asleep. I was so tired! Running around the living room like a crazy person (is there any other way?) really takes it out of me.

When I woke up 2 hours later, Daddy came and got me up out of the crib (which I haven't figured out how to get out of myself yet, but I'm working on it). Then Daddy had to go bye-bye, so I hung out in Mommy and Daddy's room with Mommy. She turned some music on while she was smearing stuff on her face and we danced around for a little while. That was fun, I love dancing!

When Mommy was done looking at herself in the mirror, she took me back to my room and helped me pick out some clothes to wear and get dressed. Then we got in the car and Mommy drove us to the big store. I like going to the store, there's always so much to look at and try to grab. Mommy picked out some toys and some big, colorful bags and gave me some raisins to eat while she was shopping.

When we were leaving the big store, I saw something I've never seen before! It was a big group of people all dressed in white. They were all lined up and walking through the parking lot playing on some things Mommy called "instruments." Some of them were gold and shiny and some were black and small. The ones I liked the best were round and the people who had those were banging on them. That looked like a lot of fun and it sounded really cool. I was dancing in my seat at the front of the cart while Mommy pushed us to the car. Anyway, Mommy called the people a "marching band" and gave one of them some money from her purse when he asked her for it.

We went back home and Mommy gave me some carrots and chicken and macaroni with cheese for lunch. I ate all the macaroni and some of the carrots, but I didn't like the chicken. Mommy frowned at me for not eating the chicken. While I was sitting there, refusing to eat my chicken, Daddy came home! I used that as a distraction to get out of finishing my lunch and reached for Daddy to come pick me up. He's a total sucker and I knew he'd go for it.

We spent the next few hours playing again while Mommy and Daddy kept pulling stuff off the shelves and putting it all in the boxes. Then, Mommy said it was time to "get ready for the party."

She put one of those toys we got at the store earlier into one of the big, colorful bags and changed me into some cleaner clothes. Then we told Daddy bye-bye and got in Mommy's car. We drove for a long time. I was starting to get restless and really wanted to get out of my car seat. I let Mommy know this, too, but she didn't listen. She just kept saying, "It's okay." and "We're almost there." But, she never got me out of that stupid seat until the car stopped.

We went into a house where there was a party going on! There were balloons and streamers and a bunch of kids running around! We went to the back of the house and there was a swing and a slide! Oh, I LOVED the slide! I needed Mommy's help to go up and down the slide, but it was so much fun!! I could've done that all day long, but Mommy didn't want to. She wanted to eat a hot dog and she let me have some of it. Then, everybody stood around the table and there was a pink cake with candles on it in front of a girl. She was bigger than me, but smaller then Mommy. Everybody sang to the little girl and then she blew on the candles and they went out.

Next, we got to eat the cake and even ice cream, too! Mommy shared her piece with me. It was good! I tried to grab some for myself, because Mommy was taking too long and was eating most of it for herself, but she pushed it out of the way before I could get very much.

When everyone was done with their cake, we went inside to watch the girl open her presents. She had a lot and I was tired of Mommy trying to make me sit still in her lap and just watch. I wanted to run around and help the girl tear up the pretty pink paper. So, Mommy decided it was time to go bye-bye.

As soon as we got in the car and started moving, I got sleepy again and I passed out. When I woke up, we were home again and went upstairs to see Daddy. I'm always so happy to see him. Mommy usually is, too. This time she was and I heard her tell Daddy that it was hard chasing after me all by herself at the party.

By the time we got home, it was pretty late. Since I had already eaten dinner at the party, Daddy gave me some oranges (which I really like) and some milk. When I was done with that, it was time for my most FAVORITE part of the day: BATH TIME!!!








I really like taking a bath. I like to splash and play with my crab and turtle and duck. The only thing I don't really like about bath time is when Mommy puts the soapy stuff on me and pours water on my head.

After my bath, I was so, so tired. I had done so much and I was just plain, worn out! Mommy and Daddy helped me get ready for bed. We brushed my teeth and hair and put my jammies on. Then Daddy hugged and kissed me and sat me down in Mommy's lap. Mommy read me my favorite bed time story, The Going to Bed Book, and I helped her turn the pages. But, before she was even done, I was rubbing my eyes and was ready to get in bed and call it a night.

Whew...that was a lot. I'm tired again just writing all that.

It was a good day though. Can't wait to see what the next brings!

Love,
Jax

No comments: